Friday, May 30, 2008

not quite sure...

Well, this is what I came up with for this week's color and sketch challenges over at Splitcoast. The color challenge was sage shadow, chocolate chip, and very vanilla. I do really love those colors and I like the sketch, but something about this card just does not seem right to me. I got a whole bunch of new stuff this week and used some of it on this card. I love the Boho Backgrounds set and used three of the images here. Maybe I used too many? Again, I'm not quite sure what's wrong. I also used my new stamp-a-ma-jig for the "Happy Father's Day" sentiment. The OCD in me loves the stamp-a-ma-jig! I can see lots of fun in the future with this new toy of mine. But, back to the card: I think I was trying for something manly since the colors seemed manly to me, but maybe the use of the flowery background wasn't right. I couldn't help myself, I love that stamp! Or is it too much vanilla? Whatever it is, it's driving me crazy. Part of me is waaaay too stubborn to try it again. The card is decent, right? Of course, I made the card in like 20 minutes with all my new stuff all over the place while Savi and Jaya were grabbing supplies off of my desk, trying to "help" me... Any thoughts out there?

Today, the girls and I had a picnic lunch at the turtle pond on campus. It was great fun! We've been to the pond several times before, but this was the first time that we ate lunch there (Happy Meals - I know - I'm a bad mom!) and it was the first time I actually remembered to bring the camera! Some shots:


I have all sorts of plans for my weekend (unusual!): Neesha and I (along with some of her friends) are going to see the SATC movie tomorrow; I want to do some scrapbooking (see above turtle pond pictures!); plus, there are weekend challenges at Kristina Werner's blog and Beate's blog that I want to play along with; plus, I need to rewatch LOST! Can I just say for one minute how much I completely loved the season finale?!? So satisifying and intriguing all at the same time. Can't wait to see where the LOST rollercoaster takes us next...


Hope you all have a great weekend! (And I hope that I actually get all my stuff accomplished!)

No comments:


Free counters provided by Andale.