Tuesday, May 20, 2008

my own color inspiration

Although there are several color challenges out there, like the ones found at Splitcoast and Kristina Werner's blog, I got this Crate and Barrel Best Buys catalog in the mail on Saturday and couldn't resist the colors on the cover. I translated these colors into the Stampin' Up! colors: garden green, real red, certainly celery, and tempting turquoise. I was making a birthday card/gift card holder for my brother-in-law, Jeff, anyways so I decided to challenge myself. Here's what I came up with:
I used more tempting turquoise than I would have liked according to my inspiration piece, but for some reason, the certainly celery didn't look quite right where ever I tried putting it. But I think that patterned paper (again from my Magnolia (My Mind's Eye) collection) works well to tie it all together. What do you think? The images are from the Enjoy Every Moment set.
Again, I made my own gift card holder. This time, I started with a 4.25"x11" sheet and scored it at 2" and 6.75". I used sticky strip to hold the pocket down and used the slit punch to make the flaps. The size of the card when closed is 4.25" x 4.75" so it will still fit in a standard size card envelope if you so desire.

Thanks for looking! Oh, and happy birthday, Jeff!!

No comments:


Free counters provided by Andale.