Friday, May 23, 2008

more challenges


I made this card for this week's color and sketch challenges over at Splitcoast. The colors are soft sky, blue bayou, and certainly celery. I fell in love with that color combo right away! Something about it is so calming. I also really like the sketch. What I like the most is that I would have never come up with a sketch like that on my own - I love the result. I used images from Embrace Life, One of a Kind, and Baroque Motifs. I colored the leafy image in with the certainly celery marker and punched out the flowers with the boho blossoms punch. The stick-on rhinestones are by PaperStudio. I made the scallops using punched out .75" circles. At first I was having trouble keeping them lined up, but then I realized that I could use my trusty grid paper. DUH. Perhaps the greatest challenge I faced while making this card was finding more than three consecutive minutes to actually work on it! I pieced a little together here and there over the last TWO days. That's insanity. But that's life when you have two kids who are being fickle about taking naps...

Hope everyone has a great long weekend planned. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:


Free counters provided by Andale.