Thursday, May 29, 2008

manly card


OK, so a few things to report today...

First off, Sach requested that I make a card for his friend's birthday. This is what I came up with. I'm not too good at making things "manly," but I tried really hard on this one. The patterned paper is from the Magnolia pack from My Mind's Eye. The orange rhinestones (which I admit are girly, but come on!) are from Hobby Lobby. I used soft sky for the base of the card and the strip is pumpkin pie. The brown is left over from Neesha and Jeff's wedding invitations and is from Paper Source. The "HB" is from the It's Your Birthday set and is stamped in soft sky ink. I will be so sad once soft sky retires... But so anyways, I made the card and gave it to Sach to give to his buddy and he decided not to because I didn't write the message for him. See, I usually do the card writing around here and that's fine because cards and gifts are usually from all of us, but I wasn't about to write a message to his friend from him. That did not make sense to me. So this card is waiting for some man to have a birthday...

Next, last night, Lydia introduced me to Wine Styles. We went there for her customer appreciation event and it was so nice to sit, sip on some delicious wine, and get crafty! They have a great wine sampling deal - you get to try six types of wine for $6. I am so going back! And it's like two minutes from my house. I ended up bringing home the most hilarious bottle of wine. It's called "Mommy's Time Out." How funny is that? And it's good wine.

Lastly, the LOST finale is tonight. I am so excited that I could burst....

I'm off to research a little for tonight's episode and make cards for the color and sketch challenges on Splitcoast before Jaya wakes up from her nap. Savi is actually resting too. The sanity gods are smiling on me right now.

No comments:


Free counters provided by Andale.