Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My first sketch challenge!


So, lately I've been feeling like I use the same few sketches over and over on my cards. I was getting a little bored. Enter Splitcoaststampers! Each Wednesday (for those of you who don't know), they host a sketch challenge. I've been lurking around on SCS for some time, but today, I finally played along with the challenge and it was so much fun! I actually haven't posted my card on SCS yet because I haven't met the number of comments needed before posting a picture. I'll have to work on that after I iron out all the details for my upcoming open house....


Some notes about this card: the patterned paper is from the Magnolia pack by My Mind's Eye. I found it matches SU's old olive and taken with teal pretty nicely. The ribbon is by Making Memories, Lauren. I used the Fun and Fast Notes set, but changed up the sentiment for this image. Actually, I mounted my set so that the images and sentiments are separate so I can mix and match at my own will. Call me a rebel! Anyways, I'm just getting into coloring my images....I used the watercolor pencils and blender pens on this. I decided that it's definitely something I want to continue. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Lydia Fiedler said...

Freaking adorable. Your workshop was great!! :)


Free counters provided by Andale.