Saturday, June 21, 2008

kristina werner color inspiration 12



Here's what I made for Kristina Werner's 12th color inspiration. I'm in a big fat rush to meet her deadline so I'll add more later...
OK, so I'm back to add details about my card and give you all a few updates about what's been going on around here. Let me first say that I didn't need to rush my original post. Turns out mountain time is one hour behind central time, not one hour ahead like I thought. Duh. I'm gonna go ahead and play the sleep deprivation card for that one. Why am I sleep deprived? Well, let's see: we don't know if we're moving yet, Sach doesn't know which job he has, I don't know about my job situation either, the housing market in Austin stinks right now so we're getting low listing prices for our house, the market in SugarLand is booming so we're looking at houses that cost an arm and a leg more than what we wanted to pay, the girls are confused by all this moving talk...the list goes on and on and on. I seriously hope that we know what's going on this week. I just have to keep believing that whatever happens is going to happen for the best.
About my card: I really wanted to do the color inspiration because I missed the last one. So I feel like I rushed. I'm not sure that I like what I made. I copied a layout that I used for a thank you card that I have yet to share here. The colors chosen for the inspiration were sahara sand, whisper white, so saffron, and wild wasabi. I have been using a lot of sahara sand lately. It is a great neutral. I found ribbon that's from Making Memories that is the exact same shade as wild wasabi. I actually wanted to reverse the colors and use so saffron ribbon, but I don't have any or anything that matches. Anyways, I used the polka dot stamp from Boho Backgrounds to make the pattern on the whisper white in so saffron ink. I stapled the ribbon onto the card. I have been using staples alot lately too. I used the ABC lower alphabet stamps to spell out "friend" in wild wasabi. It looked much cuter on my grid paper when I did my practice run, but that's life. I wrote "my" above "friend" with the so saffron marker. It's a little hard to see here. Let me know what you think!
I've missed blogging. I'm going to try to keep up as best as I can given what's going on in my life. For now, I'm off to give the girls a bath and then watch "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" on the fuse channel. Seriously, I LOVE that movie. Makes me happy every time. And happy is what I need right now. As always, thanks for stopping by! Hope everyone has a fun-filled Saturday night...

1 comment:

chloe said...

THIS IS ONE SUPER CUTE CARD!


Free counters provided by Andale.