Tuesday, June 24, 2008

ann taylor, part 1

Neesha and I went to the Hill Country Galleria on Sunday. First, I have to say that if you live in Central Texas, you must go check it out! I'm not a big shopper, but it's very nicely done. I mentioned in my last post that I was really inspired by a lot of the color combinations that I saw in Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor LOFT. To let you know just how dorky I am, I was jotting down color combinations and making sketches while Neesha shopped. Of course, it didn't dawn on me then that I could find the things I was finding inspiring on the Ann Taylor website and be a dork in the privacy of my own house...
Anyways, when I sat down today to make a card, I was armed with ideas. This skirt is so beautiful in person, the picture does not do it justice. The one part I really liked is covered by the bag in this picture, but the design is a pattern of diagonal lines in shades of teal with black and white. I wanted to mimic that diagonal pattern in my card. I am happy with how the card turned out, mainly because it's so different from what I normally make. I cut a piece of white cardstock to 3"x4" and arranged .5" strips of whisper white, basic black, taken with teal, and cool carribbean. I trimmed the strips and then mounted my patterned design on whisper white. I made the "tailored bow" by following the tutorial in this month's Stampin' Success magazine. Seriously, it's SO easy to do!! Don't be surprised if I'm sticking tailored bows on all my cards from now on...
Here is the inspiration for the next card I'll be making...stay tuned!
One last note: if anyone out there is keeping score, it's Day 19 of the "we-don't-know-if-we're-moving-or-not" saga. I could use all the positive thoughts any of you can spare! Thanks...

No comments:


Free counters provided by Andale.