Sunday, June 22, 2008

father's day, one week removed


OK, so I realize that Father's Day was last Sunday, but I didn't get a chance to share the cards that I had made for Sach and my daddy as we were in Houston. I shared the card I made for my father-in-law in my "call me a slacker" post below.

The card above is the one I made for Sach. He's usually "Papa" to the girls, so that's how I made the card, but lately, Savi's been calling him "Daddy" and Jaya's been calling him "Papi." I really need to get their little voices on tape saying these things because they sound sooooo sweet. The girls and I actually celebrated with Sach a little early since I knew Sunday was going to be crazy in Houston (and it was!). True story: the girls and I were in Costco two weekends ago and I asked: "Hey girlies, what should we get Papa for Father's Day?" They BOTH replied loudly, "BEER!" Seriously, those are my kids. I'm not one to argue with a good idea and the girls know their papa quite well, so that's exactly what we got for him. I think it all worked out well. And it's a really good thing that I took a picture of this card. About 10 minutes after giving it to Sach, Jaya ripped it to shreds...two-year-olds, what can you do?


This is the card that I made for my daddy. Yes, I am a grown woman with two children of my own, and I call my father "Daddy." All that said, I really wanted to spell out "Daddy" on his card, but I didn't have the 3 d's I needed to do that. These letters and the ones I used for Sach's card came from the dollar spot at Target a while back. There were only two of each letter in each color. The patterned paper on both cards is from the Magnolia pack by My Mind's Eye. Sach's card is on very vanilla paper with a strip of pumpkin pie designer prints paper and chocolate chip ribbon and paper scalloped with the corner rounder. I tied a bow and stuck it to the longer piece of ribbon with a glue dot. Actually, this month's Stampin' Success magazine has a great how-to article on making bows. I'm all over that this week! On my Daddy's card, I used river rock as the base and accented with old olive and chocolate chip.

Neesha and I went to the Hill Country Galleria this afternoon while the girls rested at home with Sach and Jeff. We spent most of our time in Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft. I saw so many great color combinations there that I'll be playing around with this week as well. So exciting!

Hope all of you had a great weekend. Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Both cards look great but my fav is the first! It's gorgeous!


Free counters provided by Andale.