Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike - Yikes!


Surprised to see another post so soon?? No worries. I am too! The last two days have really been full and crazy...mostly thanks to Hurricane Ike. This beastly storm is about to make land fall and Galveston is pretty much ruined. I am worried for my family and friends in Houston. Hopefully, there will not be too much damage and difficulty for those riding out the storm there. My in-laws drove up this morning so are safe here with us, but my mother, father, brother, older sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and niece are all there. When I last spoke to my mom, she said things were fine. No rain yet, just darkened skies. She actually asked me why I sounded so worried. Seriously??

On a much more selfish note, we're scheduled to take a cruise on Monday that leaves from Galveston. I'm just a little worried about our vacation, but I'm mostly shocked that they haven't cancelled the cruise. We got an automated call today informing us that the cruise is still leaving on Monday. What?? I can't tell you what we were thinking when we booked a cruise during hurricane season, but we were really looking forward to some time off. The girls are super excited about their "boat vacation" and have been practicing their pirate voices because naturally, only pirates take boat vacations. You should hear their "ahoys" and "me hearties"! (Thanks, Wiggles!) So, more stuff up in the air around here. Joy.

The card was one of the fastest ever that I have made. I made it a while ago, but it took about four minutes! I used pumpkin pie prints papers (now retired), die-cut blooms (not retired, yay!), flower fusion felt flowers (also not retired, yay!), and a rhinestone brad on a rose red base. Fun, fun, fun, fast, fast, fast! The sentiment is from Enjoy Every Minute. I think it's one of my all-time favorite "thank you" stamps.
Hope you all are keeping safe tonight. Settle down, Ike!

No comments:


Free counters provided by Andale.